Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hail to the ch-ch-ch-Chief!

Just as President Obama was landing in London earlier today for the G20 summit, a "Collectible Presidential Chia Obama" landed in my mailbox!

I wish I could claim credit for the Hail to the ch-ch-ch-Chief line, but that's just one of the witticisms included, for free, along with some chia seeds, with this fabulous product.






I pre-ordered it in the "determined" pose months ago. The bust reads "Barack Obama: 44th President USA."

There is also a "happy" pose, and another Chia advertising witticism on the box points out that "Yes you can...collect them both!"







Chia Obama joins my herd of Chia rams and, um, a few other Chias I have collected over the years (let's just say that I'm not allowed to search Ebay for "chia" anymore. I received special dispensation from the chia-ordering ban to order the historic Obama chia).












I don't know what the appropriate collective noun would be for this many Smilin' Jim Chia's, but here are five of them (I think I have one or two more scattered about the house).










Mr. T is a natural inspiration to model a Chia head after...I've never actually tried to grow a Chia mohawk on him, though.

No comments: