Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quick Chicago trip

Jack and Josie and I took a quick trip to Chicago this weekend to visit some friends who were in town. And to meet Josie's old pal Noah's new little brother who was born a few weeks ago. We also managed to see our nephew and have dinner with him and his parents on Friday night. We camped out on an air mattress in our condo since it was a free place to stay. We did not take nearly enough picture (case(s) in point--none at Noah's...sorry--and none of my friend (who is Nan, visiting from the Netherlands, for those who are wondering) and her family and none of Josie running around in the empty apartment). Sigh...but here are a few we did take:

I met up with Nan and her crew at the Children's Museum at Navy Pier. Josie loved the water room.











Luckily I managed to get a raincoat on her. Or so I thought, until I saw how soaked she got anyway. She splashed so much up onto her face, she kept sticking her tongue out to taste the water.









I was too busy running around taking pictures to realize how soaked she was getting. You can't see it, but that water is dripping down under the raincoat, too. And splashing down onto her tights and shoes.









But she had a great time, as you can see. I did try to dry her off under the hand-dryers they have set up over by the raincoat-hanging area, but she's slightly terrified of those kinds of loud noises, so I just put her wool coat and hat back on her and hoped her unusually hearty and hale constitution would win out over the dampness. So far, so good.

No comments: