Monday, June 6, 2011

Josie and the kid run 2

Here's a picture of Josie just "after" the Dexter-Ann Arbor kid run. I say "after" because they ended up starting the kid run a little earlier than the original time (due to imminent thunder storms, I think), so by the time we got to the track there was already a stampede of toddlers heading towards us (the next heat was the bigger kids). She still managed to get a medal and even a piece of bagel. You may remember her first Dexter-Ann Arbor kid run from last year which she ran the day before I did the half marathon (about four months pregnant with Harriet at the time). This year I downgraded my registration from the half marathon all the way to the 5K...turns out that chasing around after two kids, working full time, breast-feeding, trying to finish writing a book and occasionally sleeping for an hour or two at a time doesn't leave a lot of time for training for a half marathon. I've got high hopes for next year though...stay tuned.

No comments: