Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's cold inside!















Even with the heat turned up, our apartment is pretty chilly. And you may have heard that Chicago is in the middle of a cold snap of record-setting proportions. To stay warm, Josie is dressed in kind of a kooky outfit...kooky but cute!
















Concentrating real hard on this hat string helps me stay warm...now, let's see...the rabbit goes around the tree and into the hole...wait, how do I tie a half hitch with a square knot again?
















Let's get this straight, okay? It was my mom who dressed me.
















A chilly apartment isn't so bad...I'm snug in my Auntie Beth sweater and have plenty of toys. Plus, I don't have any teeth yet for chattering.

3 comments:

cg said...

this is not new news, of course, but the cutie-patootie crossed ankles and pointed toe combo push this one over the edge for me and i must, like everyone else, exclaim... OMG. Josie is the cutest baby in.the.world.

sbreck said...

heh, Josie is dressed just like the grungy ladies of Ann Arbor in my early-90s college days.

and don't think I don't recognize "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" in that last picture. I know it by heart from repeated readings.

Celia said...

That little caterpillar is *really* hungry...until it gets through all that food. Then it isn't a little caterpillar anymore...it's a big, fat caterpillar! Good night, caterpillar. Good night, cow jumping over the caterpillar. Are you my mother, the bird asked the caterpillar? The caterpillar didn't answer, he was very busy spinning his web. Oh, wait, I think I'm conflating my juvenile literature.

And, yes, you wouldn't think that ankle crossing could be so cute, but there you have it...photographic evidence.