Thursday, June 19, 2008

Staying at home and momming

Some of you know that I've decided to leave my job at Columbia College Chicago so that I can stay at home full time to care for Josie. Today I went in to work for the first time since Josie was born...my calendar was still showing the March page! Friday will be my last day--I hope I have time to wrap everything up in between lunch dates and pizza parties!

It was a tough decision to leave my job but one that I think Jack and I both (and Josie, too, hopefully) will be glad we made in the long run. I'll miss my fun and friendly coworkers (and you other ones, too...ba-dum-bump!), but I know that we'll stay in touch.

And though I'm looking forward to my new status as a stay-at-home mom, I won't quite be leaving my librarian identity behind completely (anyone who read the Google Scholar in the delivery room story will know that would be impossible). I've still got some commitments to various ALA groups that will keep me involved with them for the next year or two at least. I'll also continue to teach my online business reference course. That, plus some part-time/from home research possibilities will hopefully keep us from dropping down to one income completely. And who knows, maybe Jack's forthcoming genealogy book will be a bestseller!

Jack and I are also going to try to solicit some paid research contracts through an entrepreneurial venture we're calling Stratham Research. If you know anyone looking for business research assistance or genealogy expertise, send them our way!

I leave you with some pictures of the lil'est Columbia College fan:

Rock on, Columbia College!








Ooh...pick me! I know the answer...I think.








CCCCutie








Someday maybe I'll go to Columbia College!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Good for you, Celia!

Arlie said...

Well, how can I be mad when the reason you left is so adorable? We miss you and are happy to see you enjoying such an incredibly cute baby Josie! Arlie