Friday, October 31, 2008

New gym and halloween walk

Josie is enjoying the exersaucer at the gym across the street from the Newberry. I just joined, partially because they offer very inexpensive child care. So far, Josie has been in the Kid Care room three times...she's getting better with each visit (i.e. she doesn't cry inconsolably the *entire* time I'm gone, just part of it), although these shots show her at her happiest, because I'm still in the room. (these shots aren't the greatest because they were taken with my cell phone).




I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to leave her for more than 20 minutes and actually break a sweat! But it's hard to leave a face like this!











After the gym today, we went for a walk. Trick-or-treaters were out early and we saw Princess Leia, Batman, a black belt in Karate, Dracula and a few devils and witches. This house has my favorite Halloween display (except for maybe the house down the street from us with the Chucky and Bride of Chucky dolls in their picture window...I still need to get a shot of that). I'm glad that soot-bags aren't in fashion anymore...here's an article Jack posted about the history of Halloween in Chicago.

No comments: