Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Three weeks old

Josie is three weeks old today! I got an early present yesterday when my doctor took pity on me and released me from my wound vac hell. I'm no longer tethered to a machine and tubes and dreading the visit from the home health nurse for my "repacking" (I'll spare you the details). I've still got to watch the incision, but I'm a little more mobile now and feel a lot more normal--I was even able to shower for the first time in a long time last night. Things are looking up.

It's pretty amazing to think that Josie wasn't even due to arrive until tomorrow. These past three weeks have been a whirlwind of Josie, doctors visits, Josie, prescription medication, Josie, lactation consultants, Josie, breastfeeding, Josie, diapers, Josie and Josie and Josie.


No comments: